Thursday, December 2, 2010

Welcome to my world

I sat at a group meeting the other night with 3 other women who know the meaning of pain. One of them said that I haven't allowed myself to have a voice.
So, here it is. My blog. My voice.
I don't know what I'll have to say, but I'm going to allow myself to say it.

Today I'm struggling with depression and self pity. I wanted a burrito this morning and should have bought one, but I didn't. I spent the majority of the day pouting about not buying one and, instead, downing enough calories to support a small battalion.
Not burrito calories.
Cheez-It calories.
Cookie calories.
Banana-which-was-most-certainly-not-a-burrito calories. And then I felt shame.
So goes today.

I pray that tomorrow is, well, sunnier. Although, I prefer rain.

Welcome to my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment